￼￼￼￼￼ ￼￼I really appreciate what Quint does here in the apartments, this was one of the reasons I wanted to live here. Many apartments/landlords are only interested in their rental cheque, but not Quint, Quint seems to really care. Quint provides opportunities for education, for social gatherings, you bring people together so that they have an opportunity to get to know their neighbours. That really means a lot to me and my family.
- Quint Tenant
Quint’s unique affordable housing program was developed as part of a larger Community Economic Development (CED) strategy to revitalize Saskatoon's core neighbourhoods. Stable, safe and affordable housing is necessary for the well-being of individuals, families and healthy communities.
‘More than four walls and a roof’
The innovating housing programs integrate social, economic and environmental objectives into each housing project. To maximize the community benefits, Quint links housing projects with other complimentary initiatives in the community.
Watch a short documentary below about how Quint got started around the issue of affordable housing.
Affordable Rental Housing Program
We work to ensure that our rental housing is family-friendly and fosters a sense of community.
As a result, Quint helps to support the development of tenants' associations, tenant educational workshops, collective kitchens, tenant potlucks/BBQs, community gardening and common green space. Paul Wilkinson Place is also home to a family room, complete with internet access, a community kitchen and a daycare.
The Neighbourhood Home Ownership Program
Since its inception in 1996, this program has helped 110 low-income families purchase and renovate homes in the core neighbourhoods. However, due to increased housing costs, this program is not currently accepting new applications.
New infill affordable housing projects
Quint is working on the development of new green infill affordable housing projects. We continue to pursue and develop new ideas to expand the amount of affordable housing we can provide.
Benefits of Quint Housing
- Affordable rental opportunities for over 100 low-income individuals and families through the development of a variety of housing initiatives.
- More than 100 low income families obtained home ownership in the core neighbourhoods.
- Creating affordable housing.
- Purchased and renovated 120 houses, 3 apartment buildings, and 2 transitional homes.
- Creating jobs and capacity-building.
- On-the-job training opportunities.
- Providing workshops and social events for residents.
- Supporting housing co-ops and tenant associations.