Celebrating 20 years of
community economic development
Quint Development Corporation is a unique not-for-profit organization, focused on creating economic opportunities that help to strengthen communities and improve social conditions for Saskatoon residents.
The corporation was conceived by area residents with support from civic and provincial governments, and Saskatoon businesses. The goal is to create opportunities for stable housing, jobs, and economic development in Saskatoon's west-side core neighbourhoods.
To strengthen the economic and social well-being of Saskatoon's five core neighbourhoods through a community economic development approach.
We see citizens who are caring and self-reliant, residing in safe and stable communities where all citizens can participate. We see the community initiating and supporting social, economic, cultural, and recreational opportunities for all.
Community Economic Development Philosophy
Quint works in a holistic way, integrating economic, social, and environmental development and always aiming to strengthen communities. We work with a wide variety of partners in business, government and the community in order to create jobs and offer training and housing for community members. We strive for inclusive economic development and we work in a manner that is in keeping with the community’s priorities, culture, and values.
Read more about community development philosophy here.
- providing affordable rental apartment suites, homes and townhouses within the core neighbourhoods
- offering a transitional residence for 16-22 year old at-risk males, providing safe stable housing as well as educational and training opportunities
- providing supportive housing for mothers at risk of losing their children for a variety of reasons. The home offers 24-hour support and works to connect families with the services they require to become self-reliant.
Neighbourhood Home Ownership Program
- helping low-income families to purchase and renovate homes in the core neighbourhoods
New Infill Housing Development
- creating new, green infill housing projects as part of a move to revitalize the core neighbourhoods
- connecting job-seekers with training and job opportunities and connecting employers with potential employees
- providing residents with access to nutritious food, as well as offering other necessary services and amenities in the core area
QuintEssentials News & Updates:
- 2015 Quint Stars
- Affordable Housing Must Be an Election Issue
- Celebrating Success: Miali Rakotondravah
- 2014 AGM Highlight about Mallory Fox
- 2014 AGM Highlights a Fantastic Mom and Daughter!
- 2014 AGM Highlight -- From a Two Finger Resumé with CNAW to Long-Term Work!
The full QuintEssentials Newsletter archive is available here.
Quint's website news blogs are available here.
Click here to read and to subscribe to CNAW's
2015 is Quint's 20th Anniversary!
Photos from our first 20 years are available here as a 7 minute movie.